Peoples' Friendship University named after Academician A.Kuatbekov
Department of Foreign Languages
News and events
The Department of “Foreign Languages” held a concert dedicated to the Day of Languages
The department was established in September 2000. Since May 2016, the department has been renamed the Department of Philology and Languages. The department was formed as a separate department from September 2022 and is called “Foreign Languages”. The head of the department is Ph.D., senior lecturer Mamyrbaeva Bagila Saginbaevna. The Department of the University has a significant intellectual potential of scientists: a highly qualified teaching staff, which includes doctors of sciences, candidates of sciences, associate professors, senior teachers, masters, honored workers of science and education.
The Department of Philology and Languages as a structural subdivision of the University was founded in September 2000. Starting from September 2022, the department was formed as a separate one and was named the Department of “Foreign Languages”. To date, the department trains specialists in the following educational programs: 6B01730-Foreign language: two foreign languages, 7M01720-Foreign language: two foreign languages. The head of the department is Ph.D., senior lecturer Mamyrbaeva Bagila Saginbaevna.
The staff of the department includes experienced and competent employees, many of whom speak two foreign languages. The department has 4 PhD, 12 candidates of philological sciences, 3 candidates of pedagogical sciences, as well as 18 masters.
The department trains students from all districts of South Kazakhstan, Almaty, Zhambyl, Kyzylorda, Karaganda, Aktobe regions, as well as from Shymkent itself, in addition, students from neighboring countries study here.
To prepare professionals for their future activities by creating new knowledge, to contribute to the preservation and multiplication of moral, cultural and scientific values of society, as well as to increase the competitiveness of students in the modern global labor market by developing a sufficient level of English-speaking communicative competence.
– Training of linguists, English language teachers with a broad outlook and worldview, competent in the field of their field, with modern methods of teaching English and language proficiency at the proper level;
– implementation of multi-level teaching of English to students in accordance with the Pan-European Competencies of Foreign Language Proficiency (CEFR);
– training in all types of speech activity (listening, reading, speaking, writing) in accordance with international educational standards;
– ensuring students’ mastery of the English-language conceptual apparatus in the disciplines of the specialty;
– creation of elective courses in order to diversify the educational trajectory of students;
– development of students’ skills of independent work, critical thinking, assessment and self-assessment, creative abilities, as well as education of their academic integrity;
– professional development of young specialists of the department by conducting trainings and master classes by experienced teachers in order to improve the content and methods of teaching.
The following strategic documents of the Republic of Kazakhstan constitute the normative basis for the implementation of educational activities:
Constitution of the Republic of Kazakhstan;
The Law of the Republic of Kazakhstan “On Education”;
The program “Rukhani Zhangyru”;
Annual Message of the President of the Republic of Kazakhstan K.Zh.Tokayev to the people of Kazakhstan;
Anti-Corruption Strategy of the Republic of Kazakhstan for 2015-2025;
Resolution of the Government of the Republic of Kazakhstan “On approval of a Standard comprehensive plan to strengthen the educational component of the learning process in all educational institutions”;
The concept of education in the system of continuing education of the Republic of Kazakhstan.
One of the important areas of the department’s work is international cooperation with many universities of the Republic of Kazakhstan, as well as universities of the far and near abroad: with the University of Miras, Central Asian Innovation University, University. Nide Omer Halisdemir (Nowhere, Turkey), Tashkent State Pedagogical University named after Nizami (Tashkent, Uzbekistan,), National University of Uzbekistan named afterMirzo Ulugbek (Uzbekistan, Tashkent), “Bishkek State University named after K. Karasaeva” (Kyrgyz Republic), “Moscow Financial and Industrial University “Synergy” (Russian Federation), Siberian Institute of Business and Information Technologies (Russian Federation), RAO University (Russian Federation).